ADSM-L

Re: RESTORING DATA AFTER REINSTALLING ADSM

1999-09-01 00:18:35
Subject: Re: RESTORING DATA AFTER REINSTALLING ADSM
From: ADSM LIST <adsml AT MAILANDNEWS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 23:18:35 -0500
If you only touch executables like dsmserv, then YES you can get away
with an overwrite/reinstall.  Gotta remember, those install dirs
contain information like your licenses/dsmserv.dsk/nodelock/options which
deal directly with you current config.  Once those disappear, might as
well reinstall from scratch.

Best suggestion is BACKUP/RESTORE DB saving off volhist/devcnfg/options
files.
Then reinstall followed by a PIT restore.

Ciao,
ADSML