ADSM-L

Re: RESTORING DATA AFTER REINSTALLING ADSM

1999-08-31 12:26:52
Subject: Re: RESTORING DATA AFTER REINSTALLING ADSM
From: "Wu, Jie" <JWu AT NCTR.FDA DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:26:52 -0500
for precaution, you need to save several files:
1. dsmserv.opt
2. dsmserv.dsk which points to the adsm db and log volumes.
3. device class configuration file
4. volume history file
5. license file

uninstallation of adsm has no effect on adsm db and log. just leave /adsmdb
/adsmdbc /adsmlog and /adsmlogc there and do touch them. after your new
installation and startup of the new server, the server is going to load the
db and log by looking at the file dsmserv.dsk.

Jie
System and Storage Administrator
ROW Sciences Inc @NCTR FDA
phone: 870-543-7163