ADSM-L

RESTORING DATA AFTER REINSTALLING ADSM

2015-10-04 17:40:33
Subject: RESTORING DATA AFTER REINSTALLING ADSM
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi,

We have ADSM running on an IBM AIX 4.1.4 box.  It has been running for
about
six months.  It is the OPTICAL Jukebox and we have half of the optical
CD ROMS
full with data.

We must reinstall the operating system to upgrade to AIX 4.1.5.  All the
ADSM databases
are stored on the /adsmdb and adsmdbc (copy) filesystems.  We have the
log stored
under the /adsmlog and adsmlogc filesystems.   We have been doing a FULL
ADSM database
backup each day to the optical disks.  We have also backed up the
volumes and logs to the optical
disks.

My question is as follows.  Can we simply re-install the ADSM (under
/usr/lpp/adsm and /usr/lpp/adsmserv)
software without doing anything special for the ADSm databases and the
data on the optical disks?    Does
the installation of ADSM wipe out the database or any other ADSM data or
configuration?