ADSM-L

Space requirements for LOADDB

1999-08-27 08:59:32
Subject: Space requirements for LOADDB
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 14:59:32 +0200
Hi,

some weeks ago, we had a worrying "Page address mismatch" on our
production server (ADSM 3.1.2.20 on AIX 4.3). IBM suggested to do
a DUMPDB - LOADDB - AUDITDB. Due to the size of the database (23 GB
used space), this would last for weeks, so we decided to test the
procedure on a test server first.

I spent 24 GB database space to the test server, restored a full
backup from the production server (worked fine), did a DUMPDB
followed by a LOADDB. The LOADDB failed due to "insufficient database
space" (ANR4019E). I added an 8 GB volume to the database and retried
the LOADDB. It is still running, but it shows
"ANR0362W Database usage exceeds 82 % of its assigned capacity."
after having loadded 140,000,000 of app. 200,000,000 entries;
so it will die too.

Is it common experience, that the database grows significantly due to
a LOADDB?

Are there any options to let the LOADDB better utilize the B-tree
pages?

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet