ADSM-L

Re: DB backup doesn't decrease recovery log utilization

1999-08-26 20:18:33
Subject: Re: DB backup doesn't decrease recovery log utilization
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 17:18:33 -0700
This has occurred at least 4 times this year. I have an open PMR #86757 but
we had to clear it before we getting help from IBM.  The good news, is that
the problem has always gone away by stopping and restarting the server.  If
you can, I wish you would open a PMR before you have to bounce your server.
Maybe with enough PMR's they can find the bug.

It seems as though the problem may start after a drive failure.  Are you
using a library? If yes, what brand?