ADSM-L

Re: DB backup doesn't decrease recovery log utilization

1999-08-26 12:42:02
Subject: Re: DB backup doesn't decrease recovery log utilization
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:42:02 +0200
Gerhard,

        I had a exactly the same problem. Once, it happened at night when I'm
running all the back-ups, so the system after rescheduling 4 times a DB
Backup, closed itself up, and the next morning I had to add some log
space in order to restart the server.

        The log was about 1 Gbyte in size ... now is 5 Gbytes and the
DbBackupTrigger is at 55%. It never happened again! he maximum I reached
is 75% of log in use. Is it a workaround? I don't know, but it fixed the
problem.

PS. IBM said the problem was known. But they asked me to lower the DBB
threshold and it didn't work.

Mauro, STM