ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:40:32
Hello everyone. I am the lucky person who inherited the administration
duties of our ADSM Software  when my fellow co-worker decided to
graze in greener pastures.  I am now faced with the challenge of
installing
a new ADSM server into a new AIX box.

We currently have our ADSM Server running on an SP Wide Node where
we have two 3590 tape libraries physically attached.

I'd like to be able to install the ADSM Server onto another RISC box
that is
separate from the SP Frame, and still be able to access the 3590 drives
remotely.
I cannot do a mksysb restore onto the RISC box using the mksysb from the
SP
node because of SP restrictions, so I will be doing a new install.

Once I have installed the new ADSM Server onto the RISC box, I'd like to
be able
to restore the current ADSM database to it's resident file systems.

While I have no experience in installing and configuring a new ADSM
server, I'm
hoping that someone will be kind enough to steer me to the right
direction.

Thanks in advance.

Angel

--openmail-part-0db3b70a-00000001--