ADSM-L

archive from aix unix client to os390 server

1999-08-24 15:03:25
Subject: archive from aix unix client to os390 server
From: "Van Ruler, Ruud R SSI-TSEA-332" <Ruud.R.vanRuler AT IS.SHELL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 21:03:25 +0200
adsm gurus

anyone has experience with archiving database files from aix unix box onto
os390 server ?
how to set up things .... ?

is it similar to backup schedules ... i.e. setting up a archive schedule on
os/390 which at a
specific times prompts the scheduler on the aix unix client  .... or ???
e.g.
within ADSM on the os/390 server we have setup several backup schedules for
several clients:
Schedule Name
                                       Description
     DFSIBKP_DAILY_0200
                             Daily Incremental Filesystem backup
     DFSIBKP_DAILY_1815
                             Daily Incremental Filesystem backup
     DFSIBKP_DAILY_2100
                             Daily Inremental Filesystem Backup
     DFSIBKP_DAILY_2200
                             Daily Incremental Filesystem backup
     DFSIBKP_DAILY_2300
                             Daily Incremental Filesystem backup
     WFSIBKP_MONDAY_2100
                             Weekly Incremental Filesystem backup

these schedules prompt  the associated nodes/clients and then any changed
files will be backed up.
this way we i.e. ADSM on the os/390 server is more or less in control  ....

setting up an archive schedule means amongst other things that
you will have to specify ARCHIVE in the Action field, consequently you will
have to specify the OBJECTS ...  but that is something for the client to
decide , isn't it ???

is ARCHIVING just something the client instigates and ADSM on the os/390
server is not involved ??

             Ruud van Ruler
Shell Information Services - TSEA/332
Patentlaan 9 - 2288 EE - Rijswijk
Tel : 070 - 3034644  /  Fax : 070 - 3034012
Email Internet: ruud.r.vanruler AT is.shell DOT com
                          r_van_ruler AT compuserve DOT com
Email X400:/S=vanRuler /I=R /C=GB /A=GOLD /P=Shell /O=IS
                                                       R.vanRuler