ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and 3570 tango

1999-08-24 12:25:44
Subject: Re: ADSM and 3570 tango
From: Don Caronna <dcaronna AT TTANK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:25:44 -0700
yes - same thing.
Go figure.

Gabriel Vieira <gvieira AT GROHE DOT PT> on 08/24/99 02:00:18 AM

 To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

 cc:      (bcc: Don Caronna/Los Angeles/Ttank)

 Subject: ADSM and 3570 tango

Hi,
I had my ADSM server upgraded to version 3.1. Now every time i check in a
tape in to my 3570B01 drive, the robot picks the tape from the priority
cell, drops it, then scans all cells in both magazines, picks and mounts the
tape for reading the label and finally parks the tape in a free slot. With
ADSM v2 this operation could be done with the barcode reader and would take
about 1/3 of the time it takes now.
Does anyone has the same "tango" when checking in tapes into 3570?
Regards,

Gabriel Vieira
Thank You,
Thank You,

Don Caronna
Think Tank Systems, LLC
IBM CATE/ADSM Certified Technician/Solutions Provider
Office: (562) 653-2520
Fax:    (562) 653-2560
dcaronna AT ttank DOT com
www.ttank.com