ADSM-L

SSA / SCSI adapters for 3575 tape drive

1999-08-24 07:55:25
Subject: SSA / SCSI adapters for 3575 tape drive
From: "Cohn, Grant" <Grant.Cohn AT SAPREF DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:55:25 +0200
Greetings

We currently have two RS6000 J30's in an HACMP cluster  with shared SSA
disks.

Our ADSM backups are done onto two 3570 B12's, both of which are connected
to the one RS6000 (Which is also the ADSM server).

We are planning an upgrade to a 3575 L06 / L12 for increased capacity. It
has been suggested that we connect the tape drive to the SSA loop via a 2108
SSA/SCSI adapter so that we are no longer dependant on one of the RS6000 to
support the tape drive.

Has anyone used / investigated the use of a SSA / SCSI adapter for such a
tape-drive connection ?

Any performance problems / improvements or other suggestions would be very
much appreciated.

We run AIX 4.1.5.  ADSM Server 3.1.2.20

Many thanks

Grant Cohn