ADSM-L

Help on 3590: .smc not found !

1999-08-24 10:30:41
Subject: Help on 3590: .smc not found !
From: Alexandre Bicas Caldeira <abicas AT SERVICE.COM DOT BR>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:30:41 -0300
Hi all,

This is more an AIX question than an ADSM one, but as I need this step
to configure my client's ADSM, here it goes:

I need to install a 3590 library on an AIX.
I ran "cfgmgr"  in order to let the system configure my device.
After that, all files needed where created, but one. The missing file is
"rmt1.smc" and it is exactly the one that I need in order to define the
3590 library on ADSM. I4ve tried also to remove the device before
running "cfgmgr", but the result is always the same...

I already have another 3590 library(rmt0) working on this machine, but
on another Scsi interface. This library has all its files created
everytime I run "cfgmgr",and it has been working for months without any
trouble at all !

Does anyone know what can I do to solve this problem ?!?! Without this
file I can4t configure this library...

Thanks,

Alexandre Bicas Caldeira
SERVICE IT Solutions - http://www.service.com.br
SERVICE IT Solutions - http://www.service.com.br
Rua Helena, 280 cj. 1106 - Sco Paulo - SP
Fone/Fax: 011-30401960