ADSM-L

Re: SHAREDMEM

1999-08-24 02:07:45
Subject: Re: SHAREDMEM
From: Herfried Abel <HA7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 08:07:45 +0200
Hello Eydie,

We had a similar problem, not with an Oracle agent but with an other adsm-api
based application. The way we resolved it was to change not the UID of the
servertask, but the UID of the client task. Try changing the rights of the
backup executable to owner root with the SUID set. The "rest" can almost always
be done with some extra group ( or adding dba as secondary group to the root
user ) and setting some SGID bits on log directories or your ADSM pipe .... (you
have to investigate ...).
By the way: using the SHM communication REALLY speeded up our application ( +
500 % or something like that ).

herfried

ecaren <ecaren AT PRODIGY DOT NET> on 24.08.99 00:27:34