ADSM-L

Re: migration and consolidation of adsm

1999-08-23 22:20:22
Subject: Re: migration and consolidation of adsm
From: Simon Watson <simon.s.watson AT SHELL.COM DOT BN>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:20:22 +0800
I have never done this either, but I imagine the best way would be to
use export/import to move the data from the 2nd server to the
consolidated one.  This is perhaps a bit cumbersome, but it will work.

It is also possible to run two ADSM servers off the one machine, but I
would prefer not too.  You double the admin effort, extra licensing
costs and you probably will find it more difficult to make the most of
the hardware resources you have.

Cheers,
Simon