ADSM-L

Large Database Hardware needs

1999-08-20 17:27:22
Subject: Large Database Hardware needs
From: Matthew Smyrl <msmyrl AT PTGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:27:22 -0600
Hello,
I'm new to this list and apologize if this topic has been discussed
before.

I am planning to deploy ADSM into a number of fairly large sites.  4 to
6 hundred systems per site with a mixture of UNIX workstations and UNIX
and NT servers.  There is between 2-5 TB of data on each site and I'm
expecting the ADSM database to be as large as 50 - 60 GB per ADSM
server.

Does anyone have some experience with running this large of an ADSM
server?  I want to be sure we're getting appropriate hardware for the
servers.  We're currently leaning towards the HP K or N class for
servers.  Does anyone have any experience running ADSM on these?  The
only certainty is that the hardware will be HP.

Any experiences or suggestions will be helpful.

Matt