ADSM-L

StorageTek 9730

1999-08-20 00:50:27
Subject: StorageTek 9730
From: "Scott K. Forbes" <szp377 AT TROY01.PAD.NAVP.GMEDS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 00:50:27 -0400
ADSM Admins:

   I am trying to configure an environment consisting of an IBM RS/6000 Model
H50 running AIX 4.3.2, and ADSM server 3.1.2.1 to utilize a StorageTek 9730 DLT
tape library. The problem I have is that AIX can see the two DLT 7000 tape
drives but cannot see the library changer (robotic tape changer). Has anyone
put together this combination? I know that the 9730 is a supported device
library as I located the device element worksheets in the ADSM technical
database.

    I am wondering if I also need to install StorageTek's product ACSLS. If
anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

                                               Scott Forbes
                                               Electronic Data Systems
                                               Troy, MI