ADSM-L

Re: Schedler on Solaris 2.5.1

1999-08-19 19:39:18
Subject: Re: Schedler on Solaris 2.5.1
From: Russell Street <russells AT AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:39:18 +1200
> Are there any tricks to run the dsmc sched command out of the inittab on
> Solaris 2.5.1?
>
> init q  - does not respawn my entry in the inittab:
>
> adsm:2:resqawn:/opt/IBMadsm-c/dsmc sched 1>/dev/null 2>&1

Personally I do not run ADSM from inittab, but random thoughts are:

1. The first field is described as a two character label.  Try changing
'adsm' to just 'ad'.

2.  The "2" in the second field says only to run this command at
run-level 2.

At least on my systems, the default run level is "3", set by the
"initdefault" line, e.g.,
   is:3:initdefault:

This means the system will NOT run anything marked level 2 only.

Try changing the ":2:" to ":23:" to get it run at both (like the
/sbin/rc2 line).

Russell