ADSM-L

Problem with Digest

1999-08-18 16:23:48
Subject: Problem with Digest
From: Dennis Riley <driley AT USWEST DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:23:48 -0700
Hi all,
I've been having trouble with the digest format of the listserver for
the past month or so. After hearing all the complaints about
"Subscription Problems...", I'm thinking that my problem may be related.
I questioned the listserver administrator and was told that the problem
was on my end (sound familiar?)

The problem I'm seeing with the digest is irregular and intermittent.
Sometimes it works fine and other times it does not.

Here are some of the ways this problem has manifested itself:
no subject line and the message originating from
Owner-ADSM-L AT VM.MARIS DOT EDU (instead of  Automatic digest processor
<LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>),
no digest contents,
message headers are garbled,
all messages repeated with single digest,
and various messages containing strings of unrecognizable characters.

I have our mail administrators looking at the problem from our side but
the consensus is that it is a problem on the listserver side. Is anyone
else seeing this with the digest?

--
Dennis Riley
Dennis Riley