ADSM-L

Urgent! I need advise!

1999-08-18 10:36:26
Subject: Urgent! I need advise!
From: Scott Fluegge <sfluegge AT VENATORGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:36:26 -0400
Hey Gang,

We are trying to restore a Novel server who's disk we had to erase during a raid
re-formating.  We are attempting to do a PIT restore using the following
command:

restore apps:posdev/* -subdir=yes -pitdate=08/13/1999 -replace=no

The day we erased the disk, our Novel person checked the size, number of files
and number of sub-directories for each path.  Now we are running the restore and
are finding that we are restoring more data than we had on the 13th!  For
example,
on the 13th we had 511MB, 8,409 files and 400 sub-folders.  After the restore we
had 656MB, 11196 files and 514 sub-folders.  Where did this extra data come
from?  Shouldn't we have only gotten the files we saw as of the 13th?

Our fear is that if we keep restoring inactive data, we may over-fill the file
system!

Thanks!

Scott