ADSM-L

Re: Password expiration

2015-10-04 17:40:32
Subject: Re: Password expiration
From: Kirsten Gloeer [mailto:Kirsten.Gloeer AT RZ.UNI-KARLSRUHE DOT DE]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi,

> I was happy to see that a new value (0, no expiration) was introduced for
> the password expiration command.
> When I issue the following command:
> set passexp 0
> it returns:
> ANR2141E SET PASSEXP: Invalid password expiration period - 0.
> But when I issue:
> set passexp node=ERIC
> it returns:
> ANR2199I Password expiration period for node ERIC set to 0 days.
> Is it a bug or a feature that I cannot set a global password expiration of
> 0?

The README of server 3.1.2.40 says:
   The values for expiration has been changed from 1-9999 to 0-9999
   whenever NODE= or ADMIN= is specified
   =====================================

If NODE= or ADMIN= is not specified the values for expiration range
from 1-9999.

Kindest regards,
Kirsten
Kirsten Gloeer                  e-mail: gloeer AT rz.uni-karlsruhe DOT de
Kirsten Gloeer                  e-mail: gloeer AT rz.uni-karlsruhe DOT de
University of Karlsruhe         Phone:  +49 721 608-6156
Computing Center                Fax:    +49 721 32550
Zirkel 2
76131 Karlsruhe
Germany