ADSM-L

Re: 3590-B1A/E1A

1999-08-18 08:36:47
Subject: Re: 3590-B1A/E1A
From: Kirsten Gloeer <Kirsten.Gloeer AT RZ.UNI-KARLSRUHE DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 14:36:47 +0200
Hello,

We are considering to upgrade our 3590 tape units to 3590E units as well.
One can use the same tapes and the same drives. Additionally, one needs
the driver level Atape.4.4.0.0.

> - What is the best way to replace tapes written by B1A units by tapes
>   written by the upgraded units ?

The README of ADSM server 3.1.2.40 suggests to set the access mode of
the 3590 volumes to readonly and to define a new storage pool
with device class 3590E.

Best regards, Kirsten
Kirsten Gloeer                  e-mail: gloeer AT rz.uni-karlsruhe DOT de
Kirsten Gloeer                  e-mail: gloeer AT rz.uni-karlsruhe DOT de
University of Karlsruhe         Phone:  +49 721 608-6156
Computing Center                Fax:    +49 721 32550
Zirkel 2
76131 Karlsruhe
Germany