ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:40:32
Hi Bo,

I had already some experiences with the WebInterface on a NetWare server,
which is AFAIK the only GUI for NetWare. Here are some issues with it:

1. It's very slow (Java)
2. It does not (always) show all the files in case you need to restore
them.
3. When you're an admin of a branch of the NDS, and you don't have
supervisor rights to the upper levels, you won't see anything of the NDS in
the GUI, since the "Starting point" [root], and the levels you haven't
rights to are missing, so you can't browse to an object to be restored.

Maybe, some of the things become better in the future, but for now I am
using the command line.

Jörg

Bo Ossinger <ossinger AT WSU DOT EDU> on 18.08.99 01:10:54