ADSM-L

Web interface troubles

1999-08-17 10:14:22
Subject: Web interface troubles
From: "Burton, Robert" <ROBERT.BURTON AT ROYALBANK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:14:22 -0400
 Last night we had problems with maximum client sessions reached..
This is due to phantom Admin Webbrowser client sessions still being active
on the server.

The Q Sess command displays the following (for numerous different sessions)

2,690 HTTP   Start    0 S        0       0 Admin WebBrowser ?

2,721 HTTP   Start    0 S        0       0 Admin WebBrowser ?
2,724 HTTP   Start    0 S        0       0 Admin WebBrowser ?
2,726 HTTP   Start    0 S        0       0 Admin WebBrowser ?
2,727 HTTP   Start    0 S        0       0 Admin WebBrowser ?
2,729 HTTP   Start    0 S        0       0 Admin WebBrowser ?

You have to cancel these sessions one at a time, as if you try to cancel all
sessions a reply
of no sessions active is returned.

When cancelling one at time you get the following message, but the session
does disappear

ANR2017I Administrator BURTONRO issued command: CANCEL SESSION 317

08/16/99 15:13:13     ANR0490I Canceling session 317 for node ? (WebBrowser)
.
08/16/99 15:13:13     ANR9999D outinit.c(658): Invalid stream descriptor in

                       outCancelStream().

Has anybody else seen this and if so how do we fix this problem...

thanks
Robert Burton
Open Systems Storage Analyst
Royal Bank of Canada