ADSM-L

Re: Sun Client Backs Up autofs Filesystems

1999-08-17 03:10:09
Subject: Re: Sun Client Backs Up autofs Filesystems
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 09:10:09 +0200
Alan,

> Hi, looking for help with the 3107 client on Solaris. Recently
> upgraded =
> hoping it would stop scanning all the files in the autofs and nfs =
> mounted filesystems. If it wasn't NFS exported with root permissions
> an error message for every file is generated - messy.

> Do we still have to muck about with test flags for LOFS and NFS or is
> the client supposed to be dealing with these in a sensible manner yet?

I'm having funny behaviour with SunSolaris clients (3.1.07) too. It does
backup all the automounted FS, but not NFS mounted. What I think it is
doing is:

1) it checks if the dir (the mount point) is local, and Yes it is
   because nothing is mounted at the moment yet!
2) it decides to back it up, without realizing the the automount did its
   job and mounted the FS.
3) It procede to backup all it finds ... which means all the remote FS.

Note that, if the autofs is mounted it skips it!

Sorry but I have no solutions, but at least you know you are not alone
inthis mess ... I have about 230 SunSolaris which I cannot backup,
because of this!

Ciao

Mauro, STM