ADSM-L

3570 barcode label reader

1999-08-13 15:19:33
Subject: 3570 barcode label reader
From: Bacchi Matt VENDOR <v2bacchi AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:19:33 -0400
Folks,
        I am having a bit of trouble finding a handheld barcode reader that
will read the labels on the IBM 3570 cartridges.  These barcodes are all 7
characters in length instead of the normal 6 character length.  This seems to
be a problem for the American Eagle system that we use currently, and I was
wondering if anyone had run into this problem and/or found a different
solution.
        We would prefer to use these randomized external labels to label the
volumes internally for ADSM. But if a handheld reader does not exist for us to
use for our inventory process, we might be forced to use other labelling
methods.

Thanks for any information.

-Matt
Matt Bacchi                              mbacchi AT us.ibm DOT com
IBM Global Services                    v2bacchi AT btv.ibm DOT com
D54V Server Infrastructure                   (802) 769-4072
ADSM & AFS Backup                            (tie) 446-4072