ADSM-L

Re: ADSM server migration

1999-08-12 14:51:19
Subject: Re: ADSM server migration
From: bbullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:51:19 -0600
        There is no reason to restore the ADSM database or DSMFMT new
storage pools if you meet these criteria:

All of the ADSM data, log and storage pool devices are on SSA disks;
those SSA disks are plugged into the new box;
all the VGs are imported;
all the filesystems mounted;
and the proper dsm configuration files are transferred from the old server
(especially the dsmserv.dsk)

        If all requirements are met, the ADSM server will come right back up
without ever knowing it is on a different box. I have done this 4 times, and
it worked every time. If you have a test environment, I'd suggest you test
all the steps out there to confirm they work in your environment.

Ben
Micron Technology Inc,
Boise, ID