ADSM-L

Re: Password Expiration

1999-08-12 11:01:13
Subject: Re: Password Expiration
From: Heinz Flemming <flemming AT RZ.UNI-KARLSRUHE DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 17:01:13 +0200
According to Bo Ossinger:
> We've had password expiration turned off since we implemented ADSM (set to
> 9999 days, actually).  We'd like to turn it on for all client nodes, but
> understand that it affects administrator passwords as well.  We run
> numerous scripts that perform queries using an unprivileged admin account,
> and these will fail if we turn on password expiration.
>
> Can anyone give me any hints?....  Thanx.

  Create an admin-schedule which periodically updates the password.

  upd admin <admin> <admin_pwd>

Heinz Flemming                             flemming AT rz.uni-karlsruhe DOT de
Heinz Flemming                             flemming AT rz.uni-karlsruhe DOT de
Rechenzentrum, Universitaet Karlsruhe
Zirkel 2, Postfach 6980
D-76128 Karlsruhe
Deutschland

Telefon: 0721 - 608 6427                              Fax: 0721 - 37550