ADSM-L

ADSM Web Client

2015-10-04 17:40:32
Subject: ADSM Web Client
From: Patterson Barry J [mailto:patterson.bj AT MELLON DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Has anyone successfully used the Web Client piece of the ADSM client on a
Novell Server?

I'm trying without much success.  Client version is 3.1.06, client server is
Novell 4.11, SP6.  Mainframe is at Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.20.  I
don't have access to the mainframe side, so that's the most I can offer
there.  Mainly my problems seem to be either authentication related or I get
a TCPIP error when I click any of the restore/backup/archive buttons on the
main web screen.

Here's the authentication error from the web client log:
08/11/1999 12:25:09 (dsmagent) ANS1835E PASSWORDACCESS is GENERATE, but
password needed for server 'ADSM_MVSSERV_90-4_001_153-0400'.
08/11/1999 12:25:09 (dsmagent) Either the password is not stored locally, or
it was changed at the server.
08/11/1999 12:25:09 (dsmagent) Authentication failure

The password hasn't changed, I've got it set the generate option, but it
doesn't work.  If I load the DSMAGENT right after loading DSMCAD, I won't
get this, but I get the TCPIP connection to the client server has failed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I'm asking our local IBM reps for
help too.

Sincerely,
Barry

Barry J. Patterson, CNE         All views expressed are my own and not
Mellon Bank, NA                 necessarily shared by Mellon Bank.
Patterson.BJ AT Mellon DOT com
412-236-0984