ADSM-L

Lost contact with Clariion Fibre Channel disk arrays....

2015-10-04 17:40:32
Subject: Lost contact with Clariion Fibre Channel disk arrays....
From: Gunnar Uhr <guhr AT IT.KS DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: 12 August 1999 19:06
Hello

I found this mailing-list the day before yesterday     ;-)

I have recently started to take over administration of ADSM on some of
our NT(4.0 on Intel)-servers.
We back them up along with other systems to an ADSM-server that runs on
AIX.
After I installed/upgraded to client version 3.1.07 (from ver 3.1.05) I
have got some problems.

ADSM can't seem to recognize any disks more than the C-drives (that are
installed locally) anymore.
We use CLARiiON Fibre Channel disk arrays and (as of up until when I
upgraded) ADSM hasn=92t had any problem to recognize or to backup the
logical units there earlier.
The disks located in our external fibre-channel disk-cabinets (is it
called like that in English ?) doesn't seem to be there at all as far as

ADSM is concerned if I for example try to manually back them up.

It can still se all connected network drives.

I don't know if it is an installation error or any configuration mistake

made by me or if its is a known issue with this clientversion.
Should I reinstall the older version =85=85(does that help ?)=85.

As I=92m a beginner about ADSM and as I'm now without having/getting
proper backups I feel like I=92m running out of time.
ADSM itself seems to be such a big area that I feel very unsure where to

look further.
I hope that anyone of You can help me out by pointing me in the right
direction how to proceed with this matter.

Gunnar Uhr
IT-dept.
KAROLINSKA HOSPITAL
STOCKHOLM
e-mail:  guhr AT it.ks DOT se

Gunnar Uhr   Tel.  08-517 76440
IT-Service
KAROLINSKA SJUKHUSET  Fax.  08-314899
171 76  STOCKHOLM  e-mail  guhr AT it.ks DOT se