ADSM-L

Re: Copying magstar tapes

1999-08-11 15:58:43
Subject: Re: Copying magstar tapes
From: "Richard C. Dempsey" <dempsey AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 15:58:43 -0400
Jeff:  You have to define a RECLAIM STORAGE POOL.  This has to be a FILE
sequential access pool.  It cannot be a DISK random access pool.

At 02:05 PM 8/6/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi --
>
>I have a single head Magstar 3570 tape drive that I use with ADSM.  Can
>anyone offer insight as to how I can make copies of my tapes for offsite
>storage.  I can reserve up to 9 GB of disk space for the sake of copying
>the magstar tapes.  Do I want to use ADSM copy pools??
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Jeff

Richard C. Dempsey                 email: dempsey AT kodak DOT com
Public Online Services             pager: 716-975-3539
11th Floor, Bldg 83, RL            phone: 716-477-3457
Eastman Kodak Company              fax:   716-722-3885
Rochester, NY 14650-2203