ADSM-L

Re: PC Backups

1999-08-10 09:37:15
Subject: Re: PC Backups
From: Michael Abel <Michael.Abel AT RESNOVA DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:37:15 +0200
I support the overall policy "use the server for important data". But today we
see in many companies a growing number of Notebooks that have a large amount of
data stored locally in order to work "offline". Almost everybody in the
consulting business seems to work that way. So even if the majority of PCs today
are "normal" desktop machines I'd recommend every ADSM administrator to be
prepared for a lot of clients to be saved in the future. And this is not only a
question of ressources but also of proper concepts - nightly backups just don't
work if the notebook is not in the office at that time ;-)

Regards,
Michael

"Mauro M.TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM> on 10.08.99 15:14:46