ADSM-L

Re: Backup storage pool tape contention

1999-08-09 10:01:01
Subject: Re: Backup storage pool tape contention
From: Leo Humar <lhumar AT BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 00:01:01 +1000
Can you give us a few more clues ?
Are you backing up to multiple offsite storage pools at the same time?
What does the schedule look like that kicks off these processes?
Can you schedule the copys at another quiet time?

We also make two copies of our primary pool and we have two tape drives
running two procs.
The copies are made from the backuppool to the tapes and files (large
files)that have migrated to the primary tape pools are copied after the disk
pool has been copied.
The trick is to have the majority of files from the overnight backup on disk
and copy these files to the offsite copypools before these files are
migrated to the primary pools.
This will improve this copy process.

Leo Humar
LCS Pty Ltd
lhumar AT bigpond.net DOT au

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large