ADSM-L

SQL joining CONTENTS and ARCHIVES

1999-08-05 14:12:59
Subject: SQL joining CONTENTS and ARCHIVES
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 14:12:59 -0400
I am in need of being able to do an SQL query against both the CONTENTS and
ARCHIVES tables, joining the records together.  There does not appear to be
any fields in common between these two tables.  OBJECTID is in the ARCHIVES
table, but is not documented as one of the fields in the CONTENTS table.
Does anyone have any ideas on how I might do this?  It's really too bad
that you can't get the OBJECTID from the CONTENTS table.

Using the filespec will not work, as we have multiple files archived with
the same filespec.  The date/time is not included in the CONTENTS table.

Thanks for any suggestions/help.

..Paul