ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-Server on Sun Sever

1999-08-05 11:44:54
Subject: Re: ADSM-Server on Sun Sever
From: arhoads <arhoads AT PACBELL DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 08:44:54 -0700
Yes I just setup ADSM on a Sun for a new customer.  They used an
Enterprise 450.

As it turned out that model has more (SCSI) ports than IBM previously
accounted for so it took literally 2 months to get the library working
on all drives; even for the library device itself.  It took a patch to
3.1.2.20 to make it work.  Subsequent releases incorporate the patch.

Frankly, w/o SSA storage I wouldn't move to a Sun.  The access paths to
the internal disk is all preconfigured with way too many devices on each
SCSI bus.

Otherwise it's OK.

Steffan