ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-Server on Sun Sever

1999-08-05 08:46:53
Subject: Re: ADSM-Server on Sun Sever
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 08:46:53 -0400
> Hello everybody,
>
> Has anyone experience (good or bad) running ADSM-Server on a Sun?
> We are planning a new ADSM Server, currently we use IBM RS/6000 H50 with
> IBM3494 Tapelibrary with 6 3590 Drives and 20TB Storrage.

Yes.  We have a E3002 with 2GB of memory and 2 3575-L12's attached to it,
each with 8 3570-C1A drives.

We also are in the process of setting up a second server on AIX on an F50
with internal SSA disk, soon to be attached to a 3494 with 4 3590 drives.

I know Solaris much better than AIX, which I am just starting top learn.
The problems we have had with ADSM on Solaris are almost always ADSM
issues, and not at all related to the underlying OS.

If there are any specific issues you have concerns about, ask away...

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,