ADSM-L

Re: adsm tape device problem on Windows NT

1999-08-05 02:16:58
Subject: Re: adsm tape device problem on Windows NT
From: Charlotte Brooks <cbrooks AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:16:58 +1000
Burak - check out the MOUNTRetention parameter on your device class. The
default is 60 minutes which means ADSM will eject it 1 hour after it
becomes idle. You can set this to any value 0-9999. I know back in my
RS/6000 days we used to recommend customers not to leave tapes like DAT or
8mm in the drive overnight or all weekend as it might cause damage to
either the tape or the drive but things may be more robust now.

> I use ADSM for Windows NT and manual tape drive (HP 24e DAT)
> but when backup completes the driver ejects the tape. Do you know
> any options that solves this problem?
> Thank You

Regards, Charlotte
Email: cbrooks AT au1.ibm DOT com