ADSM-L

Re: Backing up Oracle with ADSM

1999-08-03 17:01:22
Subject: Re: Backing up Oracle with ADSM
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 14:01:22 -0700
We are doing full hot (online) backups each night. As I mentioned
in an earlier post, our instances are small enough that we can
afford the early hour time it takes to do complete online
backups. Using this procedure, we should not have to ever use
more than one full day's worth of archived redo logs, so our
recovery times are not any longer than would be expected.

You're right, if we had to apply a week (or more) of archived
redo logs, the recovery times would be unacceptable. But since we
are doing full backups of the databases every night, we are not
affected by that situation.

 -- Tom

Thomas A. La Porte
DreamWorks Feature Animation