ADSM-L

Re: 3494 Library Sharing for ADSM sites

1999-08-02 15:10:51
Subject: Re: 3494 Library Sharing for ADSM sites
From: "Helms, William H." <william_h_helms AT MD.NORTHGRUM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 15:10:51 -0400
Rodrig,

Yes, we are sharing a 3494 between two Rs/6000s running AIX 4.3.1 and ADSM
3.1.2.16.  You do have the basics - there's really nothing difficult about
it.  It's just like running two separate 3494s.  Try to keep your drivers
current (in the case of AIX, Atape and ATL).  The commands are straight
forward - I guess you could write a macro for checkin, but thats probably
not wothwhile.  Remember to keep and check for 'scratch' tapes on both
systems.

Bill