ADSM-L

Adding restore access for other clients

1999-08-02 11:21:26
Subject: Adding restore access for other clients
From: "Kelly, Patrick C." <PKELLY AT WCB.STATE.ND DOT US>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 10:21:26 -0500
Hi everybody

I am trying to grant restore access from one AIX client to another. My
source client is 3.1.0.6 my destination client is 3.1.0.7. The command I am
using on the source client is  set access backup "*" client_name  As far as
I understand it, this should grant access for the destination client to be
able to restore files from the source client. I have done the same thing
with another client and it works fine. I have been through level 3 and level
2 ADSM support and they are at a loss.

It does not seem to be adding the access permission on the source client
access list. If I do a q access, it does not show the client I am adding.

Any ideas??

Thanks
Pat Kelly
pkelly AT wcb.state.nd DOT us