ADSM-L

Re: SAP-DB backup failed

1999-08-02 17:17:47
Subject: Re: SAP-DB backup failed
From: Reinhold Wagner <rwagner AT ZEUNASTAERKER DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 17:17:47 -0400
Dave,

in this case it was an offline backup (it's SAP 40B on NT with MSCS,
ADSM 3.1.2.1 on AIX).

I tried to use my brain and took a look at our backup command file:

d:\winnt\system32\cluster.exe zsamscs1 resource "ZP1.WORLD" /offline /wait:600
d:\winnt\sapcluster\brbackup.exe -c -m all -t offline_force
>d:\winnt\sapcluster\brbackup_offline.log
d:\winnt\system32\cluster.exe zsamscs1 resource "ZP1.WORLD" /online /wait:600

Maybe we must perform an offline and not an offline_force backup because the
database
is already down when brbackup starts to run. Documentation says the -t offline
checks whether SAP is running and stops processing if it is. But in this case
the database is already down.

Unfortunately i can't do offline backups on weekdays. Is offline_force a wrong
method or have we found a bug?

Reinhold Wagner, Zeuna Staerker GmbH & Co. KG

"Bronson, David" <David.Bronson AT EXCH.COMPASS-USA DOT COM> on 02.08.99
14:08:46

Bitte antworten an "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

An:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Kopie:     (Blindkopie: Reinhold Wagner/A/DE/ZEUNA)
Thema:    Re: SAP-DB backup failed

Are you running a hot or cold DB backup ???
Dave Bronson
Unix Admin.
Compass Group, USA
704-329-7944