ADSM-L

HSM and NFS on AIX

1999-08-02 06:20:45
Subject: HSM and NFS on AIX
From: Karl Weigel <kweigel AT MEMOREX-TELEX DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 11:20:45 +0100
Hello,
on a AIX 4.3.2 ADSM server 3.1.2.30 I have set up the HSM client for one
filesystem and exported this as NFS. Then I mounted this filesystem on other
systems - AIX, MAC and others as well - and moved data to it. Incremental backup
of all this data works fine, but when I try selective migration, I always get :
ANS9856E File is currently opened by another process. File skipped.
File has already been migrated or is currently being migrated by another
process.
or
ANS1228E Sending of object 'object-nameobject-nameobject-name' failed.
and
ANS9256E File 'file-namefile-namefile-name' is currently opened by another
process. File skipped.
At this time the filesystem is still mounted on other hosts, but there is no
access to any file.
Have I missed something in my setup, or is this a real problem ?
And, is exiting a dsmhsm GUI session an error - every time I see in my
dsmerror.log the message
ANS9862W Do you want to exit ADSM space management?

Regards, Karl