ADSM-L

ADSM and UDB (DB2) backups

1999-08-02 01:47:45
Subject: ADSM and UDB (DB2) backups
From: Ross Davies <ross.davies AT CENTRELINK.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 15:47:45 +1000
Can anybody help, please read below.

Regards
Ross Davies.
Centrelink
Tuning and Storage Administration.

Greg Allan
02/08/99 04:28 pm

To:   ROSS DAVIES/NSO/CSDA@NOTES
cc:
Subject:  go to listserv for UDB

Hi,
       We are having difficulty in backing up a UDB V5.2 database using
ADSM and have been receiving failure  messages
like  "export/home/db21s/sqllib/adsm/libadsm.a".  Reason code: "610" - when
we issue "db2 backup db test_q use adsm"

This Error code indicates ..
Either the dsm.sys file not found or incl_excl file not found
Verify DSMI_DIR points to a dir with dsm.sys
We are confident the ADSM  package has NOT been customised and is exactly
as delivered by IBM/Tivoli.

We are using  ADSM version 3.1.0.6 for both client and API.  We are using
Solaris 2.5.1 with the latest recommended patches and Y2K patches.

ADSM is functioning as expected in backing up the Unix file system & UDB is
at V5.2 with FixPack8 and is functioning as expected except for it's
interface to ADSM.

Could anyone advise me if they have  had these two versions of these
products working successfully or is there anything beyond the documentation
that is required.

Greg Allan
6219 8415