ADSM-L

Re: Degraded restore performance

1999-07-30 17:41:16
Subject: Re: Degraded restore performance
From: "Gogineni, Sri" <SGogineni AT CAISO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 14:41:16 -0700
Hi Richard and winfried,
                                Thanks for the reply.  However I have
written in my subsequent message to group the below information which for
some reason the exchange server seems to have not sent to the ADSM group.
there were however no ADSM operations taking place , except for the 30 or so
files being restored.

So whereas I have a case where I get a better performance for an entire
drive restore. Individual case(s) seem to take a longer time.

Maybe I could do with appliance of winfried suggestion.

Thanks

sri

Hi all,
       FYI. I just did a restore of an entire NT DRIVE (filespace).  This
was acceptable performance of about 2Gb/hr. the performance was acceptable
because of multiple reasons.
1) ADSM clients were getting backed up simultaneously.
2)REstore was from a single session.
3)REstore was performed from an ADSM server where collocation was turned
off.
4)The client had about half a million files.
5) The restore started immediately without any processing time. (i.e session
status was in MEDIAW

However as I mentioned previously when i do selective restore of directories
containing about 30 files or so , the performance was degraded.

Does ADSM restore a drive and directory by the same rules. Or,  is a drive
restore like a dumb
restore.?

Thanks