ADSM-L

Re: Oracle 8 RMAN (NT) and Connect Agent Problem

1999-07-30 11:31:17
Subject: Re: Oracle 8 RMAN (NT) and Connect Agent Problem
From: "Brandon W.Moore" <mooreb1 AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 10:31:17 -0500
My two cents: I do not think it is an ADSM problem.
I have had the same error on Oracle 8.0.3.4 on HP-UX 10.20 and Oracle 8.0.3.2 on
Sun Solaris 2.6.

Under /adsmorc directory I have had the files appear to be backed up even though
RMAN "failed"

It only seems to fail on HUGE Db's in my situation.  We have several machines
working with this same code.
So are the files there or not? q fi says yes they are so what gives?

The dsierror.log has never been generated for any of these of situations...The
COMMTIMEOUT definitely does not work...
I have a PMR open about this issue...

Brandon...

Check your dsierror.log for error's and the sbtio as well. The clue is in
the 'retryable error occurred....'. Just as a matter of interest, what is
your current COMMTIMEOUT ?

Please supply more info on your server/client environment.

Might be time to turn on client tracing also.

Regards
Gary

Gary Bromley
Gary Bromley
Aspect Computing Pty Ltd
Tel : +61 (0)3 9230 2242
Fax : +61 (0)3 9818 1320
Email : Gary.Bromley AT Aspect.com DOT au