ADSM-L

Degraded restore performance

1999-07-29 18:48:29
Subject: Degraded restore performance
From: "Gogineni, Sri" <SGogineni AT CAISO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:48:29 -0700
Hi all,
       We are running ADSM 3.1.2.20 on AIX 4.3.2. the database volumes are
on a separate disk as compared to the storagepool volumes.
We are getting satisfactory backup performance of about 3 to 5Gb/hr. Our
restore performance was satisfactory until recently where I could get
slightly under 3Gb/hr from the Optical disks.

However a few days back an attempted restore of 30 active files of 20Mb took
almost 20 minutes. A few other trial restores gave similar results.

I must admit collocation is not turned on. But the session seems to be run
state and not waiting for media.  The CPU statistics reveal that it is IO
bound by the disk containing the dbvolumes

The last change performed was the upgrade to the ADSM from 3.1.2.13 to
3.1.2.20

Any suggestions. Do I need to perform an AUDIT DB?

Thanks

Sri