ADSM-L

Re: Missing Files

1999-07-29 03:09:35
Subject: Re: Missing Files
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:09:35 +0200
shiver - a user coming in and stating, that ADSM has lost her/his files,
is just the situation, I love so much. But all cases I investigated so
far, turned out to be user errors.

It sometimes helped me, to search the whole archive tabel for the
missing file, something like:

select * from archives where ll_name='missing-file-low-level-name'

or

select * from archives where ll_name like 'beginning-of-file-name%'

Sometimes the file turned out to been archived from a node or filespace
different from what was expected.

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet