ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:41:28
Jonathan,

Looks like the tape is full.  This is the same problem I have been
experiencing with 3570 tapes when the tape does not reach the estimated
capacity, but gets an end of tape message instead.

The tape capacities vary according to the type of data being backed up
apparently.  I am not sure about 3590 but I know that 3570 gets between 5
and 15 GB per tape.  I think this problem is unique to the OS/400 version
of ADSM.  The problem I have been having is that if the estimated capacity
is reached and the tape is not full yet it's status will change to full and
a scratch volume will be mounted.  If you set the estimated capacity higher
and the tape gets full - it's status stays as filling and the status get
changed to read-only.  Which is the problem you are having.  Frustrating
isn't it?  I did have a post out about this problem, but not much response.
Sorry.

Please feel free to mail me - I am interested to know what other problems
you have had with the native AS/400 installation.  There doesn't seem to be
too many of these installations around.

Cheers
Scott