ADSM-L

Re: Exporting a node form MVS to AIX

1999-07-28 05:24:52
Subject: Re: Exporting a node form MVS to AIX
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 11:24:52 +0200
Hi Sean!
A few months ago I too migrated from OS/390 to AIX but I used a different
approach. I did an export on OS/390 to a sequential dataset and I used FTP
to send it to a disk volume on the AIX server. On that machine I did an
import afterwards.
I've done this with one client but it was sooooooo slooooooow that I decided
to re-create the clients on the AIX server and start from scratch there. So
they start with a "full" incremental.
Since my default expiration was set to 14 days on the OS/390 server I waited
for two weeks before removing this server.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon