ADSM-L

ADSM DRM scheduling on MVS and SUN

1999-07-27 18:56:31
Subject: ADSM DRM scheduling on MVS and SUN
From: "Groetken, Kevin" <k-groetken AT TI DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 17:56:31 -0500
We are in the process of implementing the DRM feature on both our MVS and
SUN ADSM servers. I sure could use some advice and someone to tell me about
the pitfalls before we fall into them. We are also wondering if anyone has
automated (via script or ADSM scheduler) the process of backing up the
primary pools to the DRM pool, backing up the ADSM DB, the PREPARE, the move
drmedia and notication to the tape library to send tapes offsite/back onsite
and would be willing to share information/scripts to accomplish these tasks?

I do have some questions:

How do you get the DRM plan offsite with the tapes?

I've seen messages about not doing a delete volhist of the dbbackup or
volumes  go into 'limbo' and are not returned from offsite. How do you
handle this and are able to cycle ADSM DB backup tapes back from the vault?

Do you do reclamation of the offsite storage pools? If you do, how does that
work?

Do you use ADSM scheduling function to perform most of the actions? If so,
how do you check for successful completion?

Lots of questions, probably will have more later.

Any and all help and suggestions are most appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin Groetken
Enterprise Computing
Texas Instruments Inc.