ADSM-L

AW: data or no data, that's the question...

2015-10-04 17:41:28
Subject: AW: data or no data, that's the question...
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi,

This doesn't work. The volume currently has VAULT status, and has to reach
VAULTRETRIEVE status before you can move it to ONSITERETRIEVE. Under normal
system operation this happens automatically while the data on the volume
expires.

Last week I asked about this on the list (message included below), I didn't
get any response however.

Any ideas?

Martijn.

----- Last week's message: -------------------
How can I get ADSM to ask "pending" (offsite) copy pool volumes back to the
How can I get ADSM to ask "pending" (offsite) copy pool volumes back to the
onsite location before their reuse delay has passed? Deleting them doesn't
work as it does for primary storage pool volumes. We use DRM, so basically I
want to force ADSM to move these tapes to VAULTRETRIEVE status.