ADSM-L

problems with SAP R/3:backint on solaris

1999-07-27 07:33:49
Subject: problems with SAP R/3:backint on solaris
From: Roger Hohmann <Roger_Hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:33:49 +0200
Hello ADSM'ers,

we are using backint/adsm to back up our sap r/3 databases running on
solaris 2.5.1. I'm no sap guru but responsible for our adsm and will
tell it from our adsm view.

Backup starts with multiple sessions as configured. Some tablespaces are
backed up, but then one session (not always the same, I think) comes to
a wait state (from server view) and this is not changed. So the backup
process has to be canceled and marked as unsuccessful. This happens for
most of the backups (not all).

The affected filesystems on the clients were changed to 'veritas' at
nearly the same time, so this might be part of the problem.

Our sap and sun guys are in contact with the support teams of
ibm(backint) and sun(solaris) for weeks, but no solution yet.

Anyone seen this before?

Regards

Roger Hohmann
--